Sturgill Simpson Discography
- TheNeedleDrop - “The Internet’s Busiest Music Nerd”
- Cymbal - The social media app Marc couldn’t remember
- Phoenix - Ti Amo (NOT GOOD 👎🏻)
- Pop Country
- Traditional Country artists mentioned
- Pop Country artists mentioned
- Kenny Chesney
- Nelly - “Over and Over ft. Tim McGraw” (Trust us, you’ve heard it)
- Fantastic demonstration of top Pop Country songs from 2014 all using the exact same chord progression - Sir Mashalot: Mind-Blowing SIX Song Country Mashup.
- A Sailor’s Guide to Earth as the 59th Annual Grammy Awards (2016) “Best Country Album” winner.
- Bo Burnham - Todays Country Songs, all Pop Country lyrics are the same.
- All Country album cover art looks the same.
- The Ludo Video Thing Episode 12 - “There are 5 people who know how to play it. One of them invented it, two of them are in rentals, and the other two are Japanese.”
- LUDO - “In Space”
- Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- Nirvana - “In Bloom”
- Toby Keith - “Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)”
- Father John Misty
My paternal grandfather, when he was in the army in World War II — he was over in the South Pacific and he thought he was gonna die. And he wrote a letter to my grandmother and their newborn son, thinking he wasn’t gonna come home. And years later, after he was dead, and then once she’d passed, I was at her house and I just decided, “I’m gonna read this letter.” And I probably learned more about him in those few pages than I ever could have sitting in a room with him. I remember going down the road on the [tour] bus one day and thinking, “What if I could just write a letter to my kid, telling him exactly who his dad was?” Like, everything I’m going through right now, at this point in my life. It was just like, “Ok, I’m gonna go make this really pure and beautiful thing for my son and incorporate all this music that I loved, outside of and other than country or bluegrass,” which is all I’ve really had a chance to represent up until now.